Last years the demand for scrubbers is growing enormous.
Scrubber manufacturers faces lack of production locations and are put under time pressure by yard/shipowners.
So manufacturers try to find construction companies (contractors) worldwide for the expansion of the production of their scrubbers.
Most of these contractors are located in the Far East but also are some located in Europe and the Middle East.
Most contractors need “startup time” to produce according to specifications / deadlines and quality.
Their teams need to get experience, workshops need to be modified in order to guarantee high standards of quality and special (covered) spaces need to be created for storage of half products and wrapped scrubbers, ready for transport.
Our inspectors have noticed worldwide several kinds of workshops;
- New build locations, fully outfitted focused on the building of scrubbers
- Locations where stainless steel/super duplex/SMO already has been constructed ( only not yet scrubbers)
- Locations which are used to work with steel and has to (PARTIAL) switch to stainless steel/super duplex for making scrubbers
- Locations which are a mix of above mentioned.
- Open locations
The production process (from delivery of new plates until wrapping in the scrubber) needs to be monitored constantly to reach a perfect end result.
An important part of this constant monitoring is the surface protection and treatment of the stainless steel # .
INOX Surface Treatment offers the service for this part # in the process.
As well manufacturer as contractor might need this professional input from our company which will result in better end quality but also might reduce the production time.
Our inspectors focus on the following items :
- Protection / Precautions
- Mechanical (baffing/polishing) and Chemical (pickling/passivation) surface treatment
- Visual aspect
- A full report with remarks and advices will be hand over to the manufacturer.
The report can be used for discussions with the contractor but can also be used as a guideline for the contractor in order to reach a higher quality end product.
If required we can make up a final report about the surface status of the scrubber (in- and outside) before wrapping in.